July 11, 2017
Alberta's Solar Rebates are here!
At long last Alberta is giving rebates for homes, businesses and non-profits to install solar power systems.
How much will the Alberta solar rebates be for the end user?
Albertans will receive $0.75/watt on a solar installation. The incentive levels are as follows:
- Potential of a 30% rebate on solar installation costs for Alberta residences
- Potential of a 25% rebate on solar installation costs for Alberta businesses and non-profits
This adds up to a huge cost savings for homeowners and businesses. A typical home in Calgary or Alberta could stand to save $3,000-$6,000 on a solar installation.
Alberta Solar Rebate Eligibility
The following is from the Efficiency Alberta website
This program is available for customers with electricity service and properties located in Alberta that meet the following requirements:
- Interconnection approval from the Wire Service Provider (WSP) signed on or after April 15, 2017
- The solar photovoltaic (PV) system must be grid connected in accordance with Alberta’s Micro-Generation Regulation (AR27/2008)
- System must not be eligible for the Alberta Municipal Solar Program (AMSP), the Alberta Indigenous Solar Program, Growing Forward On-Farm Solar Photovoltaics Program, or any other provincial solar incentive program that may follow
- Must not have received an incentive for a solar PV system on the same parcel/property (based on site ID) under this program or another provincial solar incentive program
- Combined incentives from government programs must not exceed 100% of eligible system cost
- Must own the property or have long-term rights to the property with sufficient solar exposure
- System is designed and installed by a qualified installer (not self-installed) and system components meet the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) requirements for electrical safety, or equivalent certification to applicable Canadian standards.
- Complete Terms and Conditions will be available at program launch.
Rebates and the Solar Investment
Alberta's solar rebates would mean a much greater return on investment for new solar installations. Before the rebate, the typical installation on a Calgary home would see payback in 17-25 years. This would reduce that time greatly. The Alberta solar rebates mean that payback time would be reduced to around 13-18 years. The result would be around 10 years of essentially guaranteed passive income afterwards.
How to capitalize on the Alberta Solar Rebates?
Contact us now. Solar YYC will come and meet with you, do a site analysis and then talk about your desired outcomes. We will then design your home or business solar panel installation. If you are pleased with the design and the investment potential we can start the installation process... and within 2-4 weeks we can have a fully functioning solar system on your roof. And the huge government rebate will be in the mail!
Solar YYC is one of Alberta's top solar contractors. We specialize in delivering turnkey solutions to customers. Our staff are highly qualified electricians, experienced in solar design and installs.
There is a limit to the capital earmarked by the Albertan government for the solar rebate program.
Let's take advantage of this great investment opportunity now. Click here for your free estimate or we can answer any questions you have.